The cemetery is active and located in the southern part of the town. The area is 35 thousand square meters. Currently, it has more than 5,000 graves. It has metal gates and stone fence. The earliest graves and monuments date back to 1909. In 1997, a complete list of burials was compiled. In the 21st century, it was transferred to an electronic version. The cemetery is divided into 6 quarters. Local Jews regularly clean it up. This keeps it in good condition. Most of the inscriptions on the monuments are in Russian. There are inscriptions in Hebrew and Russian in old burials. About 800 inscriptions are unreadable.
The first Jewish burials were carried out on the territory of the fortress settlement. They are not kept. In the 19th century, a Jewish cemetery was opened on the outskirts of the town called the Caucasus. It was closed before the war. In this area in 1941, mass executions of Jews were carried out. Some of the remains were identified during the investigation of Nazi crimes in 1944-1946 and transported to the Jewish cemetery in a mass grave. here is a monument with an inscription in Russian and Hebrew. On a white monument, in the upper part, there is an image of the Star of David and the inscription: “Bow your head. The remains of hundreds of Jews were reburied here, whose ashes rested in the cemetery of the outskirts of the Caucasus”