The synagogue was built by the Hasidim of the town in 1804. In Soviet times, the building was used as a materials warehouse, the community completely restored and remade it. The Aron Kodesh was restored. The building is one-story. A yard adjoins it. The total area is of 300 square meters. The community of the town itself is also located here. An attempt to name a section of L. Tolstoy Street, near the synagogue, after one of the rabbis of the town was not approved by the municipality. Although almost all the premises for religious services have been preserved, religious services were practically not held. There was no rabbi in the city. There is currently no minyan in the city.
In the middle of the 19th century, there were two synagogues and six prayer houses in Soroca. Among them were the Great Synagogue and the ancient synagogue Zlatopolskaya. Perhaps, given the specifics of the hilly territory, underground passages were built in both. The legend about the existence of a large underground passage in the Great Synagogue was popular yet at the end of the 20th century. It was believed that the dungeon is very large and goes to the opposite side of the Dniester. At the end of the 50s of the 20th century, a process of anti-Zionist campaigns began in the Moldavian SSR, which was accompanied by the closure of synagogues, including in the Soroca district. However, the Jews managed to keep some manuscripts of the Torah Scrolls.