The Jewish cemetery is located in the industrial suburb of Tiraspol, the village of Kirov. The area is about 60 thousand square meters. More than 2,300 graves have been found in the cemetery. Most burials are catalogued. It is believed that the cemetery was opened at the end of the 19th century. In 1980, there was an attempt to close it and ban burials there. According to Soviet laws, this meant the possibility of demolition and destruction of the cemetery if there were no burials for 20 years. It was a typical Soviet method of destroying cemeteries. However, with the collapse of the Soviet Union, burials at the cemetery continued.
The cemetery is surrounded by a fence, in which many places have been destroyed. There are metal gates. A feature is the large number of mass graves. The cemetery is divided into 5 sectors. In the first one, there were mass executions of Jews during the Stalinist repressions of 1937-1939. A separate monument is dedicated to them. On the monument, on a black marble plaque, there is an inscription in Russian: To the innocent victims of the repressions of 1937 – 1939. In the lower part of the monument, on a black marble inset, a concentration camp and barbed wire are depicted. Later, in the 21st century, the victims of Stalin’s executions were transferred to this place. The fourth sector also contains mass graves divided into 2 groups. The first is the mass graves of Jews who died during the Second World War. The other is the mass graves of Jews whose ashes were transferred from the old Jewish cemeteries. Most of the inscriptions on the graves and burials are in Russian. On some, there are inscriptions in Russian and Yiddish. There are old graves with inscriptions in Hebrew. The cemetery was subjected to numerous acts of vandalism, anti-Semitic and neo-fascist actions. On the monuments they painted swastika, crossed arrows as a sign of the SS, inscriptions calling for the destruction of the Jews. The first action of vandalism, which is described and known, was carried out in 1997. About 60 monuments were desecrated. Then it was possible to detain the perpetrators, and they were put on trial. The next act of vandalism was committed in 2004. More than 70 monuments were destroyed or desecrated. In 2010, vandals destroyed a number of monuments. A Russian neo-Nazi organization was suspected of these actions. In March 2014, swastikas and crossed arrows were painted on 13 monuments. Volunteers from Jewish organizations of the PMR and Ukraine cleaned the monuments from fascist paintings.