The synagogue was built in 1997. Area 180 square meters. The building has three floors. It is believed that it was opened on the site where there used to be a synagogue, the building of which was destroyed during the Second World War.
When opening a synagogue in Tiraspol, the Jewish community faced many difficulties. The main one was that in the early 90s of the 20th century there were many cases of attacks on Jews and threats to attempts to create Jewish organizations in the city. The synagogues of Tiraspol were destroyed twice: in the 1930s, when synagogue closing actions took place throughout the Soviet Union and in 1959, when the last operating at that time was closed. Most of the buildings that once housed synagogues were destroyed during World War II. Only in 1995, in the so-called PMR, did it become possible to open Jewish structures.