The synagogue of glaziers and bookbinders was built in 1886. This is the only synagogue in Chisinau and Moldova that was not closed during the Soviet era. In 1990, it became the Chabad Lubavitch Synagogue.
Until 1886 it was considered a prayer house, in 1900 it was rebuilt in stone and covered with tiles. The owners of the synagogue were the Finkelstein and Koshman families. During the war years, the synagogue was located near the border of the ghetto. With the advent of Soviet power in 1940, the building was not damaged. The Romanians seized and closed the synagogue, but did nothing with the premises. The building was badly damaged during the bombing of Chisinau. It was completely restored by the members of the Jewish community and put into operation in 1946. Next to the synagogue, there was a matzoth bakery. During the Soviet era, the synagogue was rebuilt several times, and major repairs were carried out. As a result, many of the parishioners’ old documents were lost. In 1970, refuseniks gathered near the synagogue. However, it was never closed. Since 1990, the Synagogue of Glaziers and Bookbinders has undergone many reconstructions, which allowed it to begin permanent activity. The Mikvah was built. The synagogue is a 2-storey building with a small courtyard. Attached to the building are annexes, where there are storage and office rooms. The second floor is for women.